About dmkthinks: How did it start?
Back in 2009, when I started dmkthinks, I had no idea what I was doing. I was still in college. I knew I wanted to share something with the world…I just wasn’t sure what.
So, I started writing about whatever came to mind. Electronics you should own. How to improve your company’s Twitter presence. Even how I managed to put on 30 lbs of weight (intentionally) to go from skinny to…well, less skinny.
And then it started picking up!
2,500+ pageviews per month and 110+ email subscribers later, I’m still here.
At a high-level, this site is all about technology strategy for your small business. Whether that’s Twitter, UX and web design, marketing, customer psychology — or even how to be healthier so you can be more productive — I cover the entire strategy ecosystem.
My writing, research, and ideas have been featured in…
- Get Busy Media, a Technorati top-100 small business blog (I recently had the second most popular post on the site)
- Neil Strauss’ website, best-selling author of The Game and Rolling Stone contributor
- I Will Teach You to be Rich, a financial entrepreneurship blog with 750,000 readers a month run by Silicon Valley startup co-founder Ramit Sethi
- LosingYourParents.org podcast and website, which was voted a GoodTherapy.org top 10 “Grief & Loss” blog worldwide
- Grief Healing Blog (website, Twitter account, and Pinterest). Run by Marty, a certified grief counselor. Grief Healing Blog is voted one of the Healthline “Best Health Blogs”, and a Top 30 Counseling Blog