dmkthinks… How Did This All Start?
Back in 2009, when I started dmkthinks, I had no idea what I was doing. I was still in college. I knew I wanted to share something with the world…I just wasn’t sure what.
So, I started writing about whatever came to mind.
Electronics you should own. How to improve your company’s Twitter presence. Even how I managed to put on 30 lbs of weight (intentionally) to go from skinny to…well, less skinny.
And then it started picking up!
Many thousands of page views, and years, later I’m still here.
At a high-level, this site is all about winning strategies for your small business. Whether that’s Twitter, UX and web design, marketing, customer psychology, winning mindset — or even how to be healthier so you can be more productive — I cover the entire “stack” of startup success.
Thanks so much for reading. I hope you enjoy.
My writing, research, and ideas have been featured in…
- Get Busy Media, a Technorati top-100 small business blog (I recently had the second most popular post on the site).
- Neil Strauss’ website, best-selling author of The Game and Rolling Stone contributor.
- I Will Teach You to be Rich, a financial entrepreneurship blog with 750,000 readers a month run by Silicon Valley startup co-founder Ramit Sethi.
- LosingYourParents.org podcast and website, which was voted a GoodTherapy.org top 10 “Grief & Loss” blog worldwide.
- Grief Healing Blog (website, Twitter account, and Pinterest). Run by Marty, a certified grief counselor. Grief Healing Blog is voted one of the Healthline “Best Health Blogs”, and a Top 30 Counseling Blog.
I’ve also been recruited by, or consulted with, some of the biggest names in high-growth businesses: McKinsey, Massage Envy, Bitly, Sticker Mule, Pixel Union, the government of Switzerland, and dozens of others.
You can find out more about my past and current experience by looking at my LinkedIn.